Purchasing Terms & Conditions
Before placing your order with Whisky Tasmania please read the following terms and conditions carefully. By completing the customer application process you acknowledge that you have read and understood these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them.
Terms & Conditions
1. These terms and conditions apply to the use of this site. By using this site you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you must stop using this site.
2. If you are under the age of 18 (eighteen) years of age you are not permitted to purchase liquor from this site.
3. If you choose to access this site from countries outside Australia, you do so of your own initiative. You are responsible for ensuring that your access to this site is not illegal or prohibited and for your own compliance with applicable local laws.
4. This site is the property of, and the Vendor is, Whisky Tasmania Pty Ltd (ABN 81 080 055 269). Whisky Tasmania Pty Ltd is the holder of Special Liquor Licence #52260 (as issued by the Tasmanian Commissioner for Licensing).
5. References on this site to "Whisky Tasmania", "Hellyers Road", "Southernfire", "Southern Lights" "we" "vendor" or "us" represent Whisky Tasmania Pty Ltd (ABN 81 080 055 269).
6. References on this site to "you" "person" "your" "customer" "buyer" or "user" refer to the individual/s who has/have accessed this site either directly or indirectly. This Website is offered to you, the user, conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions and notices contained herein.
7. This site is controlled and operated from within Australia. Whisky Tasmania Pty Ltd make no representation or warranty that the material in this site is appropriate or available for use in other countries or that such material satisfies the laws of other countries.
8. Any agreement by Whisky Tasmania Pty Ltd to supply liquor will be deemed to have been formed at their Licensed Premises located at 153 Old Surrey Road, Burnie, Tasmania, 7320, Australia.
9. Under Tasmanian Liquor Laws it is an offence to sell liquor to a person under the age of 18 (eighteen) years. It is also an offence for a person under the age of 18 (eighteen) years to purchase liquor. Both offences incur a penalty not exceeding $1,000.00.
10. The laws of Tasmania govern any Agreement entered into by Whisky Tasmania Pty Ltd.
11. You must be 18 years of age or over to order any liquor advertised on this site. All sales or conveyances of any liquor advertised on this site are performed by Whisky Tasmania Pty Ltd who under no circumstances sell or deliver to persons under the age of 18 (eighteen) years.
12. By submitting an order for liquor via this site, you confirm that you are 18 years of age or over. No responsibility can or will be taken by Whisky Tasmania Pty Ltd if you illegally submit an order.
13. You fully indemnify Whisky Tasmania Pty Ltd against any breach or failure of such confirmation which results in any legal action being taken against Whisky Tasmania Pty Ltd.
14. No obligation by Whisky Tasmania Pty Ltd to sell or supply the liquor will arise until the order is received and accepted at their Licensed Premises. Each order will be accepted by Whisky Tasmania Pty Ltd in its absolute discretion.
15. Prices for liquor delivered within Australia include Australian Government Excise and Goods & Service Taxes. Whisky Tasmania Pty Ltd will not be liable for cost or inconvenience transpiring from the sale of liquor to a location within Australia where the sale of liquor is restricted or prohibited.
16. Prices for liquor delivered outside Australia only include Postage and Handling. Whisky Tasmania Pty Ltd will not be liable for cost or inconvenience transpiring from customs restrictions, import duties and tariffs peculiar to destinations outside of Australia. The customer must bear all costs and burdens in relation to fees and delays resultant from international orders.
17. Whisky Tasmania Pty Ltd does not have access to the buyer's credit card information at any stage of a transaction. All Credit card information is entered directly by the buyer, into the PayPal Internet Payment Gateway, which authorises and completes the transaction.
18. Whisky Tasmania Pty Ltd arranges delivery via a reputable and expedient common carrier. All deliveries will only be made to a street address.
19. If the address for delivery is within Australia, the goods are most likely to be delivered by Australia Post and can reasonably be expected to arrive within 2 to 5 working days.
20. If the address is outside Australia the goods are most likely to be uplifted by Australia Post and delivered by their representative at the destination and can reasonably be expected to arrive within 5 to 15 working days.
21. The buyer (or their agent) must sign for receipt of delivery. Anyone at the delivery address who receives the goods shall be presumed by Whisky Tasmania Pty Ltd to be authorised to receive the goods on the buyer's behalf.
22. Should an order be unreasonably delayed, please email email@example.com and Whisky Tasmania will be happy to track your invoice.
23. Insurance is the responsibility of the buyer.
24. Risk and title in the goods passes to the buyer upon despatch of the goods from Whisky Tasmania's Licensed Premises at 153 Old Surrey Road, Burnie, Tasmania, 7320.
25. If at any time the buyer is not satisfied with the quality of the liquor purchased, the buyer may contact Whisky Tasmania Pty Ltd and a nominated representative will assess a request for a credit or refund of the purchase price.
26. However, the buyer recognises that the liquor styles offered are unique to the Hellyers Road Distillery located at 153 Old Surrey Road, Burnie Tasmania. Appreciation of single malt whisky and pot stilled vodka is highly subjective and no guarantees are provided by Whisky Tasmania that any request will be accepted.
27. To the extent permitted by law, you agree that any liability of Whisky Tasmania Pty Ltd arising out of or in connection with any breach of any express or implied warranty or condition in respect of goods or services supplied to the buyer by Whisky Tasmania Pty Ltd will be limited to: (a) if the condition relates to goods, the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods; and (b) if the condition relates to services, the supplying of the services again or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
28. Whisky Tasmania Pty Ltd may amend terms and conditions at any time by updating them on this site. All amendments will be effective immediately upon an update being made. By continuing to use this site following such an update, then you agree to be bound by the amended terms and conditions.
29. Although the information provided in this site is presented in good faith and believed to be correct as at the date it was submitted, Whisky Tasmania Pty Ltd make no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of this site, its contents, nor do we undertake to keep this site updated.
30. Whisky Tasmania Pty Ltd will not be liable for any damage, loss, claim or expense suffered as a result of the information on this website not being accurate or updated.
31. You must take your own steps to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing this site does not expose you to the risk of viruses or other forms of interference which may damage your computer system.
32. Whisky Tasmania Pty Ltd does not accept responsibility for any interference or damage to the buyer's computer system arising out of or relating to use of this site or any linked site.
33. Any information which the buyer transmits to Whisky Tasmania is transmitted through a secure internet system. All reasonable steps to ensure that this information is secure have been taken but Whisky Tasmania can not warrant all information will be secure at all times.
34. The inclusion in this site of links to other sites does not imply any endorsement, approval or recommendation of, or responsibility for, the contents, products or operations of those sites or the operators of those sites. No responsibility can or will be taken by Whisky Tasmania Pty Ltd for any damage or harm arising in any manner out of the inclusion of such links.
35. Any invalid or unenforceable condition is severable and will not affect the remainder of the conditions.
36. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
37. Any person purchasing product from Whisky Tasmania and/or Hellyers Road Distillery agrees to receive offers by email, letter or telephone from Whisky Tasmania and or Hellyers Road Distillery.
Whisky Tasmania supports the responsible service of alcohol.
*I understand that I must be over 18 years of age to purchase alcoholic products from this site.